What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you browse most websites. They are used by web developers to improve your user experience by including additional functionality, ranging from saving your settings during and between visits to noting your site visit for analytical purposes.
There are two types of cookies
- Session cookies expire as soon you close the browser and are most commonly used to help users navigate the site by storing information on their location and the pages they have visited. An example of this could be a site with a login process; in order for the site to remember that you are logged in a cookie must be stored, otherwise every time you move to a new page you will be logged out.
- Persistent or permanent cookies remain on your computer once you have closed the browser down, relying on a time limit for self-deletion. Most of these range from 30 days to 1 year, but it's possible for them to last until 3012. These are most commonly used for personalising a web experience, so that the site "remembers" you from previous visits, or other sites, and can display relevant information
All cookies can be permanently disabled using your browser's security options, although most websites will fail to function correctly without cookies.
For more information on how to disable cookies please consult the About Cookies website.
Cookies used on the Megaflo Rewards website
Below is a list of the different cookies we use on our website. These cookies are either set by ourselves (Heatrae Sadia), or from other websites such as Google. Cookies that are set by Heatrae Sadia are known as first party cookies, whereas cookies set from other websites are known as third party cookies. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the listing of every cookie set from a third party website, as they can change at any time.
- BTECHSESSID: It's the identifier for your current session in PHP. It is for the internal functioning PHP for the security and is not permanently stored
- bilendi_member_connected: indicates whether a user is connected
- SERVERID: keeps track of the server you land on when first requesting a resource from the pool of servers serving static content; mostly used for performance reasons; used by the catalogue to serve images; not user-related;
- _ga: We use Google Analytics to assist with monitoring, and identifying areas of the site that can be improved. The _ga cookie is used to uniquely identify you as a visitor to this site. This is achieved by generating two random 32-bit numbers and setting them in a cookie, no personal information or data is tracked.
- _gat: We use Google Analytics to assist with monitoring, and identifying areas of the site that can be improved. Your personal details are not tracked.
- The _gat cookie is used to throttle the request rate back to Google.
Cookies in email marketing